Post-op week 1

Not many pictures since I have still been recovering and therefore lounging around the house!  I did get dressed once on Day 6 and take myself to get my nails done to perk myself up a bit.  8 pounds in 7 days!  I’ll take it!  The weight has been consistently falling off.

I am so grateful as I have NOT had any of the bad things I was working myself up for!  I had no gas pain. I have had no nausea. I have had no issues with constipation. I have had no issues with dehydration. Those four things were issues I thought I would for sure have in the beginning. And I haven’t had them AT ALL!  I am just hoping that doesn’t mean more issues later and that it does mean a nice smooth recovery and lifestyle. I am definitely getting tired of decaf coffee and yogurt. I am loving Pacific Red Pepper and Tomato soup. And yesterday I finally got the Genepro unflavored protein powder people talk about. It’s amazing. I added it in the soup yesterday. No issues. Today I’m gonna add it in some oatmeal and see how those go down.  

Medicines-liquid gabapentin is NASTY! Downing 20 ml of thick children’s Tylenol was a bit filling for me. I only took those medicines for three days. Prilosec I’m supposed to open the capsule and sprinkle twice a day for a month to help with healing. That’s a pain in the ASS!  The brand they gave me-doesn’t open! So I have to cut them, and it has some sprinkles in it and a small pill that I then have to crush! Stupid! I just want to swallow it!

I am not a back sleeper. So hard for me!  First few nights, I did it.  Night 3/4 I was able to sleep on my left side with a pillow kinda propped under my belly.  The pain has primarily just been in the larger incision on the right.  The last two nights I have been able to sleep a little on my right side some but not on my belly.  I sleep on all sides most nights!  Left, right, belly, back a little. I’m restless-I hate it! It’s easier to get up and down and move but coughing still grabs the spot a bit.

I work at a desk. Could have started working from home on Day 4-5. Could have started working from work on Day 7.  I chose to start working from home on Day 7.  Next week is a short week so I am also just going to work from home, saves me from getting ready and commuting!  

There’s my week one recap! I am looking forward to a few bites of food on Thanksgiving! But with food comes a whole new set of issues, but hoping I continue on the path of least resistance as I have so far!


******************
🩹 RNY: 11/11/21
🪄 Height: 5’3”
💎 HW: 241
💎 SW: 228
💎 GW: 130
💎 CW: 220
🎉 Total Lost: 8 pounds in week 1
*******************

#losingsomesass #losingsomeass #rnygirl #weightlossstories #wellnessnourney #rnystrong #weightlossinspo #wellnessforlife #rnylifestyle #weightlossresults #wellnessgoals #rnygastricbypass #weightlossdiary #wellnessliving #rnytransformation #weightlossresults #wellnesswarrior #rnysupport #weightlossprogress #wellnesstime #rnyjourney #jeepgirltransformation #nursetransformation #rnystory #weightlossaccount #wellnessroutine #mytransformation #weightlossblog #watchme 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-op Day 2

Post-op Day 12

Pumpkin UNFluff