Post-op Day 2

RNY went off without a hitch two days ago. Spent the night in the hospital, and was discharged less than 24 hours later. I feel so lucky….no gas pain and no nausea!  My belly is grumbling like no other though! I got no sleep in the hospital, getting vitals done every two hours all night. I think I got an hour between three sets total. Snoozed a little on my couch yesterday then spend 12 hours in bed. Moving from one position to another has been a bit painful. But at rest, I feel fine. Taking in liquids without any issues. I am up half a pound today, but figure that is to be expected! I have had mostly ice chips, a couple ounces of a protein shake, and a cup of sugar-free jello. The liquid Tylenol and gabapentin are nasty!  Feel like I’m gonna puke trying to get those darn things down. I’m using my incentive spirometer and walking around the house. But mostly resting. I have to admit, I’m feeling so much better than I expected!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-op Day 12

Pumpkin UNFluff